Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Family and Wedding

My Mom and sister came in town a couple weeks ago to help finish all the wedding plans. And then Marcus' parents came in town on July 3rd for 4th of July festivities and, of course, the wedding. So for the 4th of July, Marcus and I went to his aunt and uncle's house in Centerville. His Mom, Dad, and sister met us there. We went to a concert in the park on July 3rd. The Band was a group called the Beach Toys. I know, it sounds weird but they really weren't bad. They did cover songs of the Beach Boys (which Marcus LOVED), The Monkey's (which Marcus and I missed because we made a trip to Target so Marcus could get away from the Beach Boys songs), and The Beatles. After the band, there was a fireworks show that was really fun! Then on Saturday morning, we went down to Main Street to watch the parade. It was a really fun 4th of July weekend. Especially considering the fact that I can't even remember what I did last year for the 4th of July...

Something exciting that has happened recently is that we were able to start moving stuff into our new apartment. It's really nice to be able to get all of our stuff moved in so that after the wedding we won't have to do any unpacking. I'm really grateful for being able to do that.

Well the wedding is in 4 days. I know, CRAZY! It's weird because when I remind myself that it's only 4 days away, I can't believe it's so close. But at the same time, it feels like the wedding day will never actually come. But it will probably come sooner than I realize. Marcus and I are ready to be married. This intermediate phase is not very enjoyable...

Another exciting thing is that lots of my family comes in town tomorrow. Grandma and Grandpa Smith, Lori, Kelly, Brent, Bryce, Dad, Kendall, Tristan, and Leah all come in tomorrow and I'm SO EXCITED!! It's been months since I've seen any of these members of my family and I can't wait to see them again!

All in all, we have a very exciting week ahead. Between family coming in town, going through the temple, setting-up for the wedding, and then the actual wedding...we will be busy! YAY for getting married!! :)

1 comment: