Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference and Easter

General Conference weekend has become one of my favorite things! I love having the opportunity to hear from the living prophets and apostles and learn how to be better. One of my VERY FAVORITE talks was by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland that talked about love vs. lust. Go here to listen to it.
A lot of talks were about families and there was a lot of great insight on helping to raise a family. Although Marcus and I do not have children yet, there were a lot of things that I know will really help us when we reach that point in our life. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It brings so much happiness and peace in my life that I know I would not have without it. I am so grateful for the talks and testimonies I was able to listen to this weekend and look forward to reading them again when the Ensign comes next month. I really hope everyone watched General Conference. And if you didn't please go online and watch it. It is so worth your time.

(Greg Olsen- Prince of Peace
click on picture to learn more)
Marcus and I also had a wonderful Easter. We were able to watch General Conference with great friends. We also dyed eggs, ate great food, and played an awesome game called NERTS. Thanks again, Brock and Kate! Then we had dinner with the Messer's and Brittany. We always LOVE going to the Messer's and we hadn't seen Brittany in 3 months (way too long!) so it was so good to see her! We had a fantastic dinner and then watched this short Easter message. I am so grateful we were able to spend this holiday with family we love so dearly and share this wonderful message about Christ and His atoning sacrifice for each of us!

The last thing we had to do today was say goodbye to our cousin Jack. Jack is leaving on his mission to Maceio, Brazil on Tuesday afternoon and will be gone for two years to teach the people of Brazil about the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He will be a wonderful missionary and we will miss him. But we are so proud of him for what he's about to do. We love you, Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment