Sunday, April 10, 2011

35 Weeks

I'm 35 weeks along which means I have 35 days left of pregnancy. I thought it was kind of fun that today is full of 35's.

I feel huge. And I look it. But I just keep reminding myself I'm at the end of my pregnancy so it's normal to be big. Here's what life is like at 35 weeks pregnant:

- I sleep with at least 3 pillows and I still can't get comfortable sometimes.

- I get really bad heartburn. But I can take Pepcid and that helps a lot.

- I get super sharp upper back pains! They are miserable. They've been attributed to my heartburn but I get them even when I don't have heartburn (thanks to Pepcid). They've also been attributed to weak lower back muscles and my doctor gave me some exercise to do to help strengthen my lower back and get rid of the upper back pain. He said it would take about a week for the exercises to take effect. It's been 2.5 weeks since I started doing them and I still get the sharp pains. I've decided delivery will be the cure...

- My blood type is O-. The negative means I'm Rh- and so I had to get a RhoGAM shot so I don't make antibodies against my baby's blood. This shot is given in the hip- not the most enjoyable thing I've experienced. But I'm sure labor will hurt worse so I'm not really complaining. Plus, I will take a shot any day to ensure that my body doesn't kill off any future babies.

- This baby has become quite the mover! Well, he's probably always moved a lot but he's so crowded in there now that I feel him so much more. It's crazy to watch him moving across my belly. Marcus gets excited every time he sees or feels the baby move- it's great! :)

All in all, everything is going really well. I am healthy and the baby is developing well so I couldn't be happier! We have set up the baby's bed and we have his carseat and stroller so now we're just waiting for him to get here! Marcus and I are so excited- this little baby is pretty much all we talk about and he's not even here yet.

1 comment:

  1. 35 weeks holy cow! So close to the end! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. I hope Marcus is rubbing your feet often :)

    ReplyDelete