Monday, February 25, 2013

Marcus' Birthday and Valentine's Day

We'll join these two posts since there's not a whole lot to say about each one. Being in Law School plus neither of us working translates to low key celebrations.

For Marcus' birthday, we went to Outback for dinner and came home to eat the cheesecake I made for him. I think that sometimes the simple things are what you remember most. Our celebrations may not be fancy, but we always have a great time together and I know someday we'll look back with fondness on these simple times in our lives.
Chocolate Malt Cheesecake
For Valentine's Day, my parents spoiled us with a night away in Salt Lake. They got us a hotel room downtown, took Johnny for the night, and sent us away on a very relaxing evening that included soaking in a whirlpool tub for over an hour, falling asleep around 11, and sleeping in until after 8am. It was heavenly! Since Johnny just started sleeping through the night a few weeks ago, it was so nice to get away before the baby girl comes.

Before we headed up to Salt Lake, Marcus came home with a beautiful red rose and box of chocolates for me and a bag of 3 Musketeers for Johnny. (Marcus and I may or may not be eating more of those than Johnny but whose counting?) I have found that I really love Valentine's Day. It's not that Marcus and I have ever done something extremely elaborate or spent much money on each other, but I just love it. I'm excited for when I have kids that are a little older that I can surprise with treats and valentine's. It's such a happy day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment