Monday, March 10, 2014

Grateful

Over the course of the last week, I have come across two separate blogs about women who are enduring some pretty awful struggles. Ashlee's, (you can read her blog here), husband was murdered by the husband of the woman he was having an affair with, leaving Ashlee a single mother to their 5 children, the youngest being six weeks old when her husband died. Caroline, (you can read her blog here), and her husband Nick had a son who was stillborn at 38 weeks and exactly one year later Nick got into an ATV accident and passed away. Reading these stories makes my heart hurt for them and their struggles. But I read them anyway because they teach me so much. These women are so incredibly strong! They have relied on the Gospel and Jesus Christ to help get them through their extremely difficult times and you can see the hand of God in their lives. I feel my testimony being strengthened when I read their stories and their sacred moments that they share. They remind me how precious life is and how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband by my side and two beautiful, healthy children that I get to spend every day with. I highly recommend reading their stories. It has changed my perspective on life. I find myself often feeling down about things in my life that I have realized are not a big deal at all. I have so much to be grateful for and I am better able to recognize the Lord's tender mercies in my life. May we all strive to find the blessings in our live and the things the bring us true joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment