Monday, January 20, 2014

Setting Goals

As everyone knows, January is a time when everyone sets resolutions for what they'd like to do for the new year. I've been thinking a lot about goals lately as our family is reaching some big milestones this year. So here are my goals that I want to work on this year.

Healthier/More Active: I've been feeling really sluggish and unhealthy the last few months and it's about time I did something about it. I've been really working hard on eating healthier and less the last few weeks and I already feel better. I'm also getting a membership at the Lehi Legacy Rec Center so I can do some Zumba classes with my sister-in-law, go swimming with Marcus and the kids, and just be more active. I'm very excited about this!

Daily Scripture Reading/Journal Writing: I feel these go together because I like to have my journal nearby while I'm reading my scriptures so I can record feelings or thoughts that come to mind when I read. And I also really love the idea of recording this time of our life. The kids do so many cute and funny things and I want to have those things recorded. I had a really great habit of this going over the summer and somehow fell out of it so I'm determined to get back into it.

Make Quality Time with the Kids: The kids and I spend all day at home together. But some days at the end of the day I look back and think that I didn't spend enough quality time with them. They played their toys and watched their shows but I didn't interact with them like I would like. I'm determined to make sure I am involved in playing toys with them or doing activities that they really love. It makes me happy when they're happy.

Graduate from Law School/Get a Job: Okay so really this is Marcus' goal but it is also a family endeavor so it's something we're working on together. This is Marcus' last semester of Law School. He graduates in April and sometimes we can't believe it's almost here. And then a lot of the time we feel like we've been in school forever and it'll never end. But I am so proud of how hard Marcus has worked and I know it will really bless our family. We don't have a job lined up yet but we're starting the application process and we both feel really good that everything will work out. We will get a job and we'll move out of my parent's house to our own place and those are two goals we are very excited about! (Not that we don't love my parents and really appreciate them helping us out by letting us live in the basement. Really- it's been a huge blessing!)

So basically my goals focus around me being a better wife, mother, and person. I'm excited for this year and the growth and change it will bring to our family!


Happy 2014 Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Good goals! I'm right there with you, aside from the law school thing ;) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Гослини, titanium rings & iron rings in steel
    Metal rings & iron rings in steel make an excellent tool titanium sheets for use in any titanium mens wedding band craft titanium flat irons brewery - especially in a burnt titanium restaurant. garmin fenix 6x pro solar titanium

    ReplyDelete