Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quilting!

I want to do a post on Christmas morning but while I'm waiting to get those pictures from my dad, I want to talk a little about my newest hobby- quilting! I've started feeling more comfortable sewing and so I've recently completed two quilts ON MY OWN. This is big. Usually my mom does a lot of the work for me. :)

This quilt I made for my best friend of 12 years- Leah. Ten of those years we haven't even lived in the same state. She is awesome. She is always there for me even though we are so far away. I'm so lucky and grateful she is my friend.
Johnny really wanted this to be his quilt. He's pouting hoping I wouldn't take the quilt away to send to Leah.
My dear friend and former college roommate Kate recently had her second baby girl. Kate and Brock are those friends that it doesn't matter how long it's been since we've hung out, when we get together we pick right back up. I love that we have that kind of friendship with them and I hope it never ends.

When she had her first daughter in 2011, I made her the green and pink themed quilt below.
So when baby Norah was born, I knew she needed her own quilt as well. 
I love making quilts- especially for such great friends. Now I want to make some for my family members. Quilting is such a fun hobby!

4 comments:

  1. you rock!! I can't believe you got that one for Leah done so fast. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute Brit! You did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so blessed to be the recipient of TWO of your gorgeous quilts! You are amazing, and so sweet. We really love them both so much and get SO many compliments on them. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I am so happy there is another awesome quilter in the family :) I will be sending you my wish list soon, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete